Although we are increasingly living in a wireless world (whether using Wi-Fi networks or other technologies such as AirDrop and cloud backups ), the fact is that the USB ports of our computers are still important for many moments.
However, if your peripheral is not working properly, this could be a problem. Therefore, here are some tips that can help in these cases.
Here we go?! ??
- Make sure the device is properly plugged into the Mac port. If there is another free port, try to use it. If it still doesn’t work, contact the accessory manufacturer.
- If you are able to use it after switching between ports, connect another device to the first port. If unsuccessful, turn off your Mac and unplug the power cord. Wait for a minute, plug it in again and start the machine.
- Some devices require you to install software to use it. So check with the manufacturer if you don’t need to do this.
- See if the USB device is showing in “System Information”. To do this, open the System Information app (located inside the “Other” folder on Launchpad — or search for it in Spotlight) and see if your device is listed in the “Hardware” section on the left sidebar.
- Try closing and opening the app that uses the device.
- If using a USB hub , make sure it uses the same speed.
- If you have a lot of accessories connected to your Mac, disconnect all of them from the machine (except the one you are testing). Also check that no hubs are connected to it. If the accessory works correctly, the problem could be with one of the other devices or with the USB hub itself. Reconnect them little by little, and when you find which one is causing the problem, check its documentation to find the solution to the problem.
- Try restarting your Mac by going to the Apple menu (in the upper left corner) and clicking “Restart…”. Finally, confirm on “Restart”.
And if nothing resolves?
If none of these topics help to solve your problem, it may be on the Mac itself or on the USB component of the machine. In these cases, our tip is to contact Apple directly.
Read also>> How to Block Contacts on Telegram [iPhone, iPad and Mac]
This way, you guarantee that your Mac will receive support without the risk of violating the warranty. Contact Apple Support either by calling 0800-761-0880, the website or the Apple Support app.
It is also possible to make an appointment at one of the two Apple Stores located in Brazil or at an Apple Authorized Service Center near you.