Hey guys, it’s a new day and I am here with tips on how to reduce your PC power consumption. Personal computers are not just part of our everyday lives, but also necessary work tools for many people.
PCs are also used to enjoy games and our favourite movies. But this comes at a cost: the increase in power consumption in your house, which leads to an increase in electricity bills. Fortunately, there are some ways you can reduce energy consumption and save yourself from unnecessary electricity expenses.
- How to install a Bluetooth driver in Windows 8.1 and 10
- How to prevent Macbook Air from overheating?
- How to Clear Telegram Cache on iPhone
Now, read on and learn interesting and very easy tips to save energy on your PC and reduce your monthly electricity bills!
1. Adjust your PC’s power settings
The first tip on how to reduce your PC’s power consumption is to adjust the computer’s power settings.
All PCs and laptops come with power settings, and you can save energy by either turning the PC off totally or turning on sleep mode when not in use. Now, let’s see how you can access the power settings on your PC.
- On a Windows PC, go to the Search bar next to the start menu and search for “Control Panel“.
- Select “System and Security” and then click on “Power Options“.
- On the displayed menu, click on “Create power plan“.
- Then select “Power Saving” to activate the power saving mode.
2. Turn off the PC and disconnect it from the socket
Another way you can reduce your PC’s power consumption is to always turn off the computer and unplug it from the socket when not in use.
There are times you may be using your PC and have an urgent need to leave quickly. To help save power and money, you need to turn off the computer before leaving. Also, ensure you unplug the PC, as leaving it plugged in consumes standby power.
3. Reduce the brightness of your PC
Another super easy tip to reduce your PC’s power consumption is to simply lower the screen brightness. To help you do that, you can use the PC keyboard, in the icons that are between the F1 and F12 keys.
Although these keys may vary from PC to PC. If you find it hard to identify the keys on your PC, take a look below to see how you can access the settings and decrease the brightness.
- Go to the Search bar and search for “Settings“.
- Select “System” and a new screen will display showing the screen settings.
- Move the brightness bar to dim and save your PC power consumption
Very easy, right? These tips can help you reduce your PC power consumption and save you some money at the end of the month! Share with your friends, and I’ll be back soon with more amazing tips!