If you are using a Windows 8.1 PC or laptop and you are having problems connecting with devices, you might want to know how to install a Bluetooth driver on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 as well. If the adapter is not working as it should on your Windows PC, you can do the installation process automatically or manually.
- How to open Windows Task Manager in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- How to track a lost iPhone that is turned off
This is because, even when scanning drivers automatically, the connection may not be successful. In this case, reinstalling the drivers is your best option. Kindly check below for more details!
How to automatically install a Bluetooth driver on a Windows 8.1 PC
One of the first things you can do to install your Bluetooth driver on a Windows 8.1 PC is to check for system updates through Windows Update.
- Go to the Windows “Settings” tab from the Start menu or use the Windows + I command, then click > PC info.
- Once the System info screen pops up, move down to the bottom of the page and click on “Windows Update“.
- Check for pending updates and update Windows.
Another option is to try to auto-update a specific driver instead of the entire operating system.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
- In the Windows search bar, search for “Device Manager“;
- Locate the item “Bluetooth” and open it;
- Right-click on one of the items and select “Update driver“;
- Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software“;
- Wait until Windows recognizes the necessary drivers and installs them;
- Finally, restart your PC.
How to manually install a Bluetooth driver on a Windows 8.1 PC
If you tried to update or install the Bluetooth driver on your Windows 8.1 PC automatically and it didn’t work, then you can choose to manually install the driver on your PC. Just identify your model and download it manually from the manufacturer’s website.
- To identify your Bluetooth driver, just locate the “Device Manager” tab;
- Open the “Bluetooth” option and see which drivers are available;
- Go to your manufacturer’s website, download the file, and run it;
- Follow the installation process to the end and restart your PC.
Read also>> How to check 5G signal coverage in São Paulo, Brazil
How to fix Bluetooth issues in Windows 8.1
In addition to installing the Bluetooth drivers in Windows 8.1, there are other steps you can take to try to resolve a device connection problem.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both devices.
- See if the device is charged and on battery power.
Confirm that airplane mode is turned off on both devices.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the device again.
- If possible, try connecting the device to other devices.
Ready? As of now, you already know how to install a Bluetooth driver on your Windows 8.1 or even Windows 10 PC. Please do well to click the share button below.
How to install a Bluetooth driver in Windows 8.1
If you want to learn how to install a Bluetooth driver in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 PC, this tutorial is for you.
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
Application Category: Windows