Today, you will learn how to block and unblock Pop-Ups on iPhone. Ads and many other annoying content pop-ups can be inconvenient or even hide scams with promises of winning prizes.
- How to do split screen on iPhone
- How to Clear Telegram Cache on iPhone
- How to reduce White Point on iPhone 13
So learning how to block and unblock pop-ups on your iPhone is a useful knowledge that ensures safety and comfort when using your phone.
Before jumping into the options, a good tool to keep an eye on if you’re getting a lot of pop-ups is to turn on the iPhone notification summary . The function allows you to schedule when you will receive summaries and is great for keeping track of everything that happens on the device.
Check below what you can do to receive fewer pop-ups when using the Safari browser, installed by default on iPhones, or general settings on the device.
How to block or unblock Pop-up Blocker in Safari
- Go to “Settings” and move down until you find “Safari“.
- In the “General” section, enable “Block Pop-ups.”
- Scroll down a little further, and in the “Privacy and Security” section, enable “Fraud Site Warning“;
- In the same section, enable “Privacy Preservation Ad Metering“.
If you want to unblock the pop-ups, just follow the same path and disable the native function of Safari for iPhone.
How to block and unblock Pop-Ups with Antivirus
There are great options available on the market, some of which you can find in the text on the side , which guarantee more security for your device, in addition to offering options to block pop-ups that can annoy the user.
Keep your software up to date at all times
Keeping your iPhone software up to date helps not only Safari but the entire phone by fixing potential bugs and security issues. To check for software updates, follow the steps below.
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone;
- Swipe the screen and tap “General“;
- Go to “Software Update“;
- Wait for it to load, then tap “Learn more…” to read the patch notes;
- Then tap “Download and Install.”
- Enter the device lock code and wait.
In the App Store, there are some app options that block pop-ups on the iPhone. One of the main ones is BlockBear! ( iPhone), a free app that allows various security options when browsing the internet, such as tracking blocking, cookies, and pop-ups.
Download the app and follow the steps below to activate it.
Go to “Settings” and access “Safari”
In the “General” section, tap on “Extensions“;
Allow BlockBear! go to Safari.
Ready? These are some interesting options to block pop-ups on your iPhone and have smooth browsing on your phone.